It seems to me that working women needed a space of their own (to paraphrase Virginia Woolf) where they could talk amongst themselves.
This is a safe place to talk about issues that are important to working women (and for those who identify as women), and for them to stake out some ground just for them.
The ground rules* are simple:
- Civility at all times
- State views and ask genuine questions
- Share all relevant information
- Use specific examples and agree on what important words mean
- Explain reasoning and intent
- Focus on interests, not positions
* The ground rules are inspired by 8 Ground Rules for Great Meetings on HBR